Summerland Skin Cancer Clinic
Summerland Skin Cancer Clinic is seeking a full time or part time doctor to join our team in providing comprehensive skin cancer diagnosis and management services. The clinic is located in East Lismore NSW, which is centrally located in the Northern Rivers region, close to multiple beaches, schools and airports. This area has one of the highest rates of melanoma in the world. The practice principal is Dr Tristan Hicks, a specialist GP, accredited skin cancer doctor and Fellow of both the RACGP as well as the Skin Cancer College Australasia. Summerland Skin Cancer Clinic is a family-owned, private billing clinic with full time practice nurse support, friendly administrative team and dedicated treatment room. There is currently a 6 month waiting period for patient appointments. The clinic enjoys on-site and on-street parking for patients and staff. We are well supported by experienced local general and plastic surgeons, medical oncology, radiation oncology, as well as both public and private hospital facilities. Doctors working in Lismore may be eligible for the Workforce Incentive Program – Doctor Stream payments.
Essential skills required –
- Current medical registration with AHPRA.
- RACGP Fellowship or equivalent.
- Proficient in English.
- Training and experience in dermatoscopy and skin cancer surgery.
- Minimum training of certificate level in skin cancer medicine and surgery (or working towards this), OR significant minor surgical and general practice experience.
Preferred skills –
- Advanced certificate level in dermatoscopy and advanced clinical certificate in skin cancer medicine and surgery (or working towards this).
- Working towards Fellowship with SCCA or Masters of Medicine (Skin Cancer).
- Ability and experience in performing flap and graft surgery.
- Familiarity with Best Practice software.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for the position.
- Job Type – Full-time/Part-time contractor
- Work Location – East Lismore, NSW
- Work Hours – 8-38 hours per week
- Pay Rate – 65% of takings negotiable
- Travel Requirements – none
- Parking – free on-site car park for staff and patients
- Weekend/on-call work hours – Nil
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please contact the Summerland Skin Cancer Clinic’s Practice Manager, Elizabeth Hicks, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 02 6622 8155.